This fund offers grants of up to £12,000 over 3 years to support young people in Cambridgeshire (including Peterborough) that face difficulties and disadvantages, with a focus on looked after children.
- Who can apply?
- Non-profit organisations
- Maximum grant
- Up to £12,000 over 3 years
- Eligible area
- Cambridgeshire (including Peterborough)
- 1 May, 1 November
The definition of a looked after child
A looked after child is a child in the care of a local authority for more than 24 hours, either through a care order made by a court or a voluntary agreement with their parent(s) to accommodate them. They may be looked after:
- In a children’s home
- By foster carers
- In residential settings like schools or secure units
- By other family members.
All unaccompanied asylum seeking children are also looked after children.
Supporting looked after children
Priority is given to work with looked after children that achieves one or more of the following outcomes:
- Increased level of new looked after children participating in an activity
- Increased confidence/emotional well-being
- New opportunities/experiences
- New skills/qualifications
- Healthier lifestyles
- More volunteering opportunities
- Engaging in new hobbies/interests (e.g. sports, art, music)
The fund aims to award at least 50% of the funding directly to organisations supporting looked after children.
Reducing the risks of children and young people going into care
The fund supports projects working to reduce the risk of children and young people going into care. This could include projects that:
- Build on the strengths of the existing family
- Provide interventions to improve a child’s or young person’s behaviour and attachment (home, school etc.) and to build their resilience
- Support families in crisis (domestic violence, substance misuse, parents in prison, etc.)
- Support kinship care families
Supporting care leavers
The fund also supports projects that provide support for care leavers, including young people over the age of 18.
Apply for a grant
If you require other variations of the Foundation’s logos, please refer to our application guidance for more options. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org