If you are a UK taxpayer, you can boost your donation by 25p for every £1 you donate at no additional cost to you.

To allow us to claim Gift Aid from the tax you pay for the current tax year, please complete and submit the following form.

Gift Aid declaration

    Please notify Cambridgeshire Community Foundation if you:

    For information about the data we collect and how we manage it, please refer to the privacy notice.


    Am I eligible for Gift Aid?

    To be eligible, you have to be a UK taxpayer, paying tax on your salary, savings, investments, pensions or capital gains. All of these qualify, as long as the total tax you pay is at least equal to the amount we, and other charities you donate to, can reclaim on your donations.

    How much more will my donation be worth?

    For every donation, we can claim an additional 25% through Gift Aid from the government. For example, if you donate £10, we can claim an extra £2.50 from the Government, at no extra cost to you.

    Are there any hidden charges?

    Gift Aid is taken from tax you have already paid. However, if you pay less income tax and/or capital gains tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on your donations in the tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

    Are all donations eligible for Gift Aid?

    No. Under UK law, certain donations are not eligible for Gift Aid. If your donation falls into any of the following categories, Gift Aid should not be claimed:

    Do I need to submit a declaration for each donation?

    No. Once you’ve completed and submitted the form above, you will not have to do it again for Cambridgeshire Community Foundation. However, you should inform us if your tax status changes. Please email finance@cambscf.org.uk

    Can I support multiple charities through Gift Aid?

    You can Gift Aid your donations to multiple charities. Complete the Gift Aid declaration for each charity you wish to support through Gift Aid and ensure that you pay enough tax to cover the amount claimed by each charity.

    If I pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to me, what should I do?

    You must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

    What should I do if my tax status or personal details change?

    Changes to your tax status, name, address or dropping below the taxable threshold can prevent us from claiming Gift Aid on your behalf. If you’d like to update your details, please email finance@cambscf.org.uk