PLEASE NOTE: Grants for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough are currently unavailable due to exhausted funds. We will update this webpage when applications reopen.
Grants of up to £400 are awarded for vulnerable individuals and families living in Cambridgeshire (currently including Peterborough) facing fuel poverty. Grants are for future heating costs within the home.
For those that are homeless, other home items that assist with keeping warm (such as sleeping bags or blankets) will be considered. We cannot accept applications for clothing.
Grant recipients must be referred by an organisation – either voluntary sector or local authority – that has assessed the circumstances and can verify that the individual or family are in extreme crisis and in need of immediate assistance. All payments of awards will be made directly to the referring organisation and not to the energy company or fuel supplier.
Repeated or multiple requests for one family or individual are not anticipated as this grant is only intended to help those in extreme and urgent crisis.
- Recipients must be in Cambridgeshire (currently including Peterborough).
- Recipients may only receive £1200 total ever from the Stay Well Fund. this can be 3 grants of £400 or more than 3 grants of smaller amounts.
- Recipients may only receive one Stay Well grant in a 6 month period.
- The grant must be used for future heating costs. Where there is historic debt owed to their energy supplier, the organisation helping the individual will need to seek support from a debt advice agency or other resource prior to submitting an application for Stay Well. Applications where debit to an energy supplier is more than 75% of the requested amount will be declined.
- The referrer must supply all necessary documentation and respond to requests for documentation or supporting information at the time of application.
- If your referring organisation is new to CCF, we will require our regular supporting documentation before processing any applications. These can be found here (under Step 2).
Payments and Required Documents
All grant payments will be made to the referring agency. You must provide:
- A bank paying in slip or recent bank statement for the referring organisation. The bank paying in slip should confirm the bank details provided on the application. Emails or Word documents with bank details typed into the body of the document are NOT acceptable.
Failure to provide the necessary documentation with all of the required information as outlined above will result in delayed processing timelines and/or rejection of the application. It is crucial to submit correct and complete documentation with your application.
To apply, complete the online form accessed on the right hand side of this webpage.
Additional support available
Who can apply?
Referring organisations on behalf of individuals
Cambridgeshire (currently including Peterborough)
Currently closed – reopens Winter 2023
Apply for a Grant