Warm Homes Healthy People
Grants up to £150 for vulnerable individuals/families facing fuel poverty to contribute towards their heating bill.
Individuals must be referred by an organisation (voluntary sector or local authority) that has assessed the individual’s circumstances and can verify that they are in need of immediate assistance. We are not able to fund individuals directly.
Grants will be paid direct to the energy supplier, so the referring organisation must be able to provide a copy of the individual’s most recent fuel bill.
Heating oil – we can only contribute to the cost of heating oil where the recipient has already secured funds to cover the delivery charge and the cost of the remainder of the minimum delivery. If these costs can be covered and have been paid to the supplier, we will pay the remaining £150 direct to the supplier.
If you wish to submit an application on behalf of a vulnerable person/family in need towards their heating bill please contact CCF and ask for an application form. Applications can be made on behalf of individuals at any time up to the 31st March 2014.
Grants up to £900 for voluntary sector organisations in Cambridgeshire (not including Peterborough) supporting vulnerable people during the winter months.
Grants will be awarded to enable organisations to increase their capacity and provide additional support during the winter months up to 31 March 2014; we will not fund on-going running costs. Applications should be submitted by 30th November 2013, for a decision to be made in December. Funding must be spent in full by the end of March 2014.
Vulnerable groups supported with this funding could include:
• Over 75 years old
• Pre-existing cardiovascular or respiratory illnesses and other chronic medical conditions
• Severe mental illness
• Learning difficulties
• Arthritis, limited mobility or otherwise at risk of falls
• Young children
• Living in deprived circumstances
• Living in homes with mould
• Fuel poor (needing to spend 10% or more of household income on heating home)
• Elderly people living on their own
• Homeless or people sleeping rough
Funding should be used to support work which will prevent hospital admissions for vulnerable groups during the winter months.
Funding can be used to extend services already offered or to provide additional services. For example covering the costs of keeping soup kitchens or drop-ins open for longer; purchase of blankets, sleeping bags or warm clothes to give out; provision of life skills training and other support for independent living.
How to apply for a grant for an organisation
To apply for a grant from the Warm Homes Healthy People Cambridgeshire Fund, just complete our online application form.
The online application form has two stages: Part A which you submit online, and Part B which requires you to send accompanying documentation by post or by email. Details of the information you are required to send in Part B is listed below, and you should make sure you have all the information ready to send to us before you submit your online application.
Part A - Complete the online submission
The link will open a separate window. You are invited to enter your email address which will automatically send an email to you containing a link to your individual application form. You are able to enter information using the online form, save it and return to it as many times as you like before submitting. You will also be able to print a draft to share with your committee.
Please note that although the online form suggests that multi year grants are available, at CCF we only make grants on an annual basis
Part B – Send us your accompanying information
When you have completed the online form you will be sent an email with a pdf attachment called Part B of the application form.
The attachment asks for the following information/action:
- Your organisation’s bank details
- Contact details for two independent referees
- Your organisation’s accounts for the most recent past two financial years
- A copy of ONE bank statement from the last 3 months
- A signed copy of your organisation’s set of rules / terms of reference / constitution
- Your Equal Opportunities Policy
- The names and addresses of management committee members, with cheque signatories identified.
- If you are part of a larger regional or national organisation, evidence that you operate independently
- Three different quotes for any capital items
You should make sure you have this information ready before you submit your online application so you can send it to us promptly. We will not consider your application unless we have received all the requested information.
- If you have previously applied to CCF are have sent copies of any of the items listed in Part B, then you do not need to send additional copies unless they have recently been updated.
- Remember to write your return address on any package you send to us by post as we are unable to pay the surcharges applied if you fail to pay the correct postage - your return address will get your documents back to you.