Warm Homes Healthy People Cambridgeshire Fund 2012-13
Voluntary groups and charities in Cambridgeshire (not including Peterborough) supporting vulnerable people during the cold winter months, particularly people who are homeless, or people with mental health issues can apply for grants between £1,000 and £2,500 to increase their capacity to deliver support from January to March 2013. Funding must be spent in full by the end of March 2013.
Funding should be used to support work which will prevent hospital admissions for vulnerable groups during the winter months.
Funding can be used to extend services already offered or to provide additional services. For example covering the costs of keeping soup kitchens or drop-ins open for longer; purchase of blankets, sleeping bags or warm clothes to give out; provision of life skills training and other support for independent living.
Grant recipients will also be encouraged to consider how other local partners (such as Age Uk) can provide services which may be of benefit to their clients to prevent or reduce the level of hospital admissions during the winter months, and where appropriate refer clients on to other partners. A full list of services offered is available here.
To be considered for funding, you need to complete an online application form which can be accessed using the following link
Applications should be submitted ASAP as grants awarded must be spent by 31 March 2013.
When you have submitted your online application, you will receive an automatically generated email with a pdf of your completed application form and Section B of the application. Please complete and return Section B with the supporting documents required as soon as possible so that your application can be processed further. If you do not think you have received the email, please check your junk email folder before contacting us to request another copy.
Section B asks for the following information:
· Your organisation’s bank details to enable us to pay any grant by BACS
· Contact details for two independent referees
· You must sign the standard terms and conditions to show you accept the conditions if a grant is made
· Your organisation’s accounts for the most recent past two financial years
· A copy of ONE bank statement from the last 3 months •A signed copy of your organisation’s set of rules / terms of reference / constitution
· Your Equal Opportunities Policy
· The names and addresses of management committee members, with cheque signatories identified.
· If you are part of a larger regional or national organisation, evidence that you operate independently
· Three different quotes for any capital items (individual items costing £1,000 or more)
You should make sure you have this information ready before you submit your online application so you can send it to us promptly. We are unable to consider your application until we have received all the requested information, so delay in sending Section B of your application will slow down the processing of your application.
· If you have previously applied to CCF and have sent copies of any of the items listed in Section B, then you do not need to send additional copies unless they have recently been updated.
· Remember to write your return address on any package you send to us by post as we are unable to pay the surcharges applied if you fail to pay the correct postage - your return address will get your documents back to you.