Hopkins Homes Winter Crisis Fund
Grants for organisations:
Grants of up to £5,000 are available to organisations supporting vulnerable people in East Cambs, Hunts, and South Cambs during the winter months and can be spent on for example -
- Provision of hot meals for elderly or vulnerable people
- Provision of fuel vouchers for elderly or vulnerable people
- Support for vulnerable elderly people in their own homes which can include making sure they have sufficient heating, warm clothes and food
Funding should be spent by 31 March 2019.
Applications can be made using CCF’s general online application form http://www.cambscf.org.uk/online-grant-application.html and should be submitted by 5pm on Friday 18th January.
Please refer to the eligibility criteria on the CCF website http://www.cambscf.org.uk/is-your-group-ready-to-apply.html to make sure your organisation is eligible for a grant.
Grants for individuals:
Grants up to £300 are available for vulnerable individuals or families living in East Cambs, Hunts, and South Cambs facing fuel poverty. Beneficiaries must be referred by an organisation (voluntary sector or local authority) that has assessed their circumstances and can verify that the individual or family are in extreme crisis and in need of immediate assistance.
Grants can be used to:
- contribute towards future heating costs through payments direct to energy suppliers, heating oil suppliers, purchase of pre-payment cards, purchase of gas bottles, purchase of electric heaters;
- contribute towards the costs of maintaining a warm home through purchase of curtains or carpets (priority will be given to families with young children and the elderly);
- purchase winter clothing and shoes or boots (priority will be given to families with young children and the elderly).
For people that are homeless, other costs of keeping warm (such as sleeping bags) will be considered.
Where there is historic debt owed to an energy supplier, the organisation helping the individual will need to seek support from a debt advice agency or other resource. Hopkins Winter Crisis Fund grants will not be paid to offset historic debt.
Grants will be paid direct to the energy supplier, or to the referring agent to buy a prepayment card or other items.
Grants will not be awarded where the beneficiary is in credit with their energy supplier. Priority is to be given to cases of immediate need and extreme crisis, not as a preventative measure.
Please consider referring your clients or beneficiaries for support and circulate this information to anyone else you feel may be able to make use of it.
Grants will be administered by Cambridge Central Aid Society (CCAS) (www.cambridgecentralaid.org/). Applications can be made online (see above left) or you can contact CCAS direct. To contact CCAS call 07980 713646 or email email@example.com