Comic Relief Local Communities Programme
The Comic Relief Local Communities Programme 2015-2017 is offfering grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to support projects that are:
(A) Improving people's life skills, education, employability and enterprise OR
(B) Advancing people's physical and mental health, wellbeing and safety
Priority will be given to projects run by small, locally based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage that have a clear understanding of the needs of their community and are undertaking actions as a means of addressing these needs.
Are you able to answer YES to the following questions?
- Does the project aim to empower local people, enabling them to create lasting change in their communities?
- Is the project run by people directly affected by the issues they are dealing with?
- Is the organisation a small, locally based group?
- Is the grant you are seeking at least 30% or more of the total project cost?
If you can answer YES to ALL the questions above, you can apply for funds to
- Increase local services
- Build skills of local people
- Increase community cohesion
- Respond to local economic needs
- Increase access to sport and exercise for people who face social exclusion and isolation
Organisations which hold a grant directly from Comic Relief, cannot apply for a Comic Relief Local Communities Grant.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- Statutory organisations, including schools
- Fund trips abroad
- Fund buses, mini buses or other community transport schemes (not including transport costs forming part of a project)
- Fund building costs, including access adaptations to buildings
- Organisations which are in receipt of a grant directly from Comic Relief