AmeyCespa Community Fund
AmeyCespa offers a comprehensive and innovative waste service to businesses, local authorities and the general public from their 200 hectare (500 acre) site in Waterbeach, Cambridgeshire.
As main waste contractor for Cambridgeshire County Council, AmeyCespa provide a landfill and waste processing facility for 200,000 tonnes of the county’s waste each year and in addition operate a state-of-the-art composting system.
By helping to dispose of waste carefully and developing innovative recycling processes, AmeyCespa is playing a part in improving the local environment. In addition, the AmeyCespa Community Fund offers grants for the provision, maintenance or improvement of a public park or other general public amenity; the conservation of a specific species or a specific habitat where it naturally occurs OR the repair, maintenance or restoration of a Place of Worship or a Place of Architectural Importance.
The AmeyCespa Community Fund, managed by the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation, receives landfill tax credits from AmeyCespa and uses the money to make grants under set criteria.
To be eligible to apply,
- Your project must:
- Be in accordance with ENTRUST’s Objects D, DA and E as listed below. ENTRUST is the organisation that regulates the use of landfill tax credit. You can find out more information about the Landfill Communities’ Fund by visiting www.entrust.org.uk;
- Be in Cambridgeshire (the Fund does not cover Peterborough)
- Be within 10 miles (as crow flies) of any ACTIVE landfill site – see the Environment Agency website to find your local landfill sites www.environment-agency.gov.uk landfill site;
- Be able to contribute 10% of the value of the grant you are seeking. If you are offered a grant, this 10% sum must be paid to AmeyCespa and, upon receipt of the 10%, you will be issued with your full 100% grant.
- Be ready to start ( ie have secured the majority of your funding, have planning permission, have identified builders etc) within 3 months from when you submit your expression of interest.
- Your organisation must be not for profit and have a constitution, Equal Opportunity Policy, Safeguarding Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Access Statement, an independent management committee and two independent signatures on bank account.
OBJECT D - The provision, maintenance or improvement of a public park or other general public amenity. Projects which do not relate to a park must relate to another amenity. According to the 2010 guidance, "An amenity is something that makes the environment more pleasant or comfortable and/or improves the aesthetic qualities of an area for the general public".
OBJECT DA - The conservation of a specific species or a specific habitat where it naturally occurs.
OBJECT E – The repair, maintenance or restoration of a building or structure which is a Place of Religious Worship or a Place of Historical or Architectural Importance, which is open to the general public (and the public should benefit from the project going ahead), and is situated in the vicinity of a landfill site. This objective does not allow works to private residences.
CAR PARKS - As from October 2014, support is not being offered to build or improve car parking facilities.
For full details of the eligibility criteria and the AmeyCespa Community Fund Application Process, download the AmeyCespa Community Fund Guidance Notes
As from July 2014, grants will be offered in range of £10,000 to £20,000. Groups applying should be aware for their cash flow planning that grants will be paid in one instalment on completion of the project when evidence of expenditure has been provided.
How to apply
To make an application, the first step is to submit an AmeyCespa Expression of Interest Form. To download a copy of the Expression of Interest Form, click here:
You may be required to send in some supporting documentation with your Expression of Interest Form, as detailed on the EOI form. Receipt of your form will be acknowledged by email.
Your EOI Form will be considered at a panel meeting. If your project is supported by the AmeyCespa Community Fund panel, you will be sent the full AmeyCespa Community Fund Application Form to complete.
Completed AC Expression of Interest forms needs to submitted in line with the following deadlines
Deadline 2 January 2015 (for Panel on 26 January 2015)
Deadline 3 April 2015 (for panel on 27 April 2015)
Deadline 12 June 2015 (for panel on 6 July 2015)
Deadline 11 September 2015 (for panel on 5 October 2015)